As warmer weather starts, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Houston? Particularly if your air conditioning equipment is recently installed or was running just fine last summer.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving components can wear out.
Having your equipment checked seasonally by a Air Current AC & Heat technician can help spot minor issues before they turn into large meltdowns. (And cause your system to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can greatly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate in your equipment can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these issues can create higher energy use—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, since you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps determine little issues before they lead to big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely examine pieces and complete a set of cooling performance verifications. These detailed procedures often allow us to locate problems before they turn into big troubles that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is ready to give worry-free air. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your unit is open to premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC tune-up should involve an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll inspect the subsequent spots and components:
- Complete equipment order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Right Away with Air Current AC & Heat
Today is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Air Current AC & Heat pros a shout at 713-322-4318 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we arrive at your residence, don’t forget to browse our special offers for savings on your next service.